Monday, August 21, 2006

Quick Catch-up

This posting is going to be a bit abrupt. I'm pretty knackered and it's late and I can hear my bed calling me. I've done something silly with my shoulder and feeling hormonal on top of things is more than enough to be getting on with.

The journey to Liverpool was great. The train trip was direct and fascinating. I observed loads of different people and landscapes. I ended up making lists of everything that caught my eye. I wish I had a digital camera, I could have taken stills and motion film, so please note: my digital camera fund is now open, don't worry about Yule presents this year, all cheques, notes and coins gratefully accepted.

Met up with Hottie and trekked across Liverpool to the Tate gallery there. Saw Henry Moore and Bruce Nauman. Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. We had to walk around with our hands in our pockets, the Henry Moore sculpture was so tactile. The Nauman was just amazing, because we'd got there late, they let us in for free and that was long enough. It was amazing seeing some of the pieces 'in the flesh' that I'd seen in books and on the internet. Got more arty cards and Hottie treated me to the exhibition book. She is fabulous and looks stunning with her new flirty-girl hair-cut. She rocks!

Needless to say we polished off 2 bottles of red that night, put the world to rights. Note to Self: remove mobile phone and any communicating devices when drinking. Too many silly texts flying around too late at night. Please Goddess, let my friends not be offended by my drunken communiques!

Spend Saturday in posh Tudor Chester. I would have loved it more had I not been feeling a tad fragile. Hottie, the cow, was bright and chirpy from 8.30. I had to go back to bed to prepare myself for the night out. I got invited to a work leaving do, of one of Hottie's colleagues. Good food, good company and then we went clubbing.

It's been years since I'd been clubbing and clubbing in Liverpool is different to Norwich. We had fun dancing up a storm. Liverpool doesn't seem to do cloakrooms, so we dumped bags and coats in the middle and danced around them. We dodged the drunken hens and stag nights, laden with blown up condoms and all wearing matching t-shirts. I think I'll have to dedicate another post just for the night out. oooo the suspence. But we had fun. Lots of it.

But it was good to be home. Especially after the trip back. Had to change at Nuneaton and Peterborough. I ended up in the middle bit, leaning against the train loo, squashed up next to a group of boys who looked like they were trying out for boy band of the year. All blonde, wearing the latest street gear, flashing their boxers and i-Pods. Not a fun way to spend an hour and a half.

Anyway, got home. Bliss! Got boy back, he's grown in the last 2 weeks. I'm working the next few days, the shock of it. Still waiting for feedback on my draft CV and begging letters. Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...