Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Lammas Blessings

Today we count our blessings, it is the festival of Lammas, the first harvest festival. Today, we give thanks for the fruits of our labours. This evening was filled with wine, pagans and song! I'm hoping the chant photographer will provide incriminating evidence shortly. But I have to say, it was a lovely evening. I made chilli and West Indian peas and rice, which met with general approval; even though it didn't make anyone cry.

Tonight, as I go to bed, slightly tiddly, a tummy full of good food, filled with the joys given by good company, my prayers go to those who aren't so lucky. Those whose nights are filled with fear, and days with despair. I pray the peacemakers are blessed with short memories, a deep love of children and hope for the future.

So mote it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...