Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Hi Hoooo!

It's official. I'm fed-up with being flat broke. Though it's truer to say I'm panicking because I'm so brassic. I found myself unable and unwilling to pester innocent family members, so have come to the conclusion it's off to work I go.

The problem is doing what? Giving up my course is not an option, so it'll have to be part-time stuff which isn't known for paying well. I have been looking for work similar to that which I did before, but because I no longer have a proper job, no one wants to give me proper job anymore. Fortunately, Norwich is blessed with many a shop, so I'm busy adjusting my CV accordingly and am about to do a huge mailout. Statistically speaking, someone will be desperate to have me eventually (FYI I'm talking about employment here).

Meanwhile, boy is off with his dad doing exciting man-like things for the week. I get him back next Monday. I'm not sure how normal 2 parent families cope with having their kids around all the time. Boy and I get bored with each other after a week solid in the holidays, we then start to drive each other nuts. The normal stuff sure is hard work.

Apart from that, I'm doing okay. Still butting my head against a brick wall about journeying. But that would change if I actually did some of the reading I've been recommended. Instead, I've been reading the Devil's Feather by Minnette Walters. I've enjoyed it thoroughly. She's back on form after Fox Evil and Disordered Minds. Would definitely recommend it. I'm also re-reading Barbara Vine's A Dark Adapted Eye, she writes a bloody good sentence. John Banville's The Sea continues to beckon, that's definitely next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...