Friday, August 11, 2006

Friday Nite's Alright for Theatre

I was desperate to blog last night, and the site was down for 'essential maintenance. Typical. On the recommendation of my sub-editor I watched The Motorcycle Diaries, the story of Che Guevara and his buddy who would go on to found Cuba's medical school. It was brilliant. Fitted right in with what I'm working on. What starts out as a couple of lads on the back of a clapped out bike riding round Southern America, turns into a thoughtful exploration of the inequalities that existed at the time. The inequalites that turned a young medical student into a revolutionary. I think I've now got my dissertation sussed. Next week I meet with my CP tutor and I intend to pick his brains so I can get this project off the bloody ground. It's beginning to drive me nuts.

Tonight, I was out with the girlies. We went to see Return to the Forbidden Planet which was just fabulous. If I say it is a musical Sci-Fi version of The Tempest, you'll start scratching your heads and questioning my sanity. Trust me when I say it is great fun. The music is pulled from 50s and 60s rock'n'roll and the actors are such talented musicians that they swap from instrument to instrument with ease. At the end of the performance everyone was dancing along, clapping and singing badly. Okay, so it was me doing the singing badly, but no one heard me over and above the clapping.

All in all a good night out. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...