Monday, August 28, 2006

Baby Blogger

I woke up this morning, washed my hair and realised that the maternal hormones have chilled out again. Whew! I can't be doing with that at the moment. Life is interesting enough without me making it 10 x worse by wanting to reproduce on top of it. Thank goodness the rational side of my brain finally kicked in.

Anyway, over the weekend I've been having a look at other blogs and the eagle-eyed amongst you will have noticed I've added some other blogs in my links section. I think they're pretty fab. Girl with a One Track Mind, you've heard me talk about previously. There's now JonnyB in Norfolk, who is really witty, I love his droll humour. Petite Anglaise is another blogger who got 'dooced' (outed and fired for those who don't know), and her life in Paris. And for those who are fascinated with all things medical, Random Acts of Reality, the joys of being an ambulance crew in East London. Mike Carter and his mid-life crisis blog are a bit sporadic and the Observer don't seem to believe in maintaining a dedicated space, so I'll just keep linking his articles.

At the Baby Naming yesterday surrounded by academics and really creative, intelligent people. Perhaps I should introduce them properly. Yummy Mummy is a doctor (not medic), her Fab Hubby a nurse (the medical kind), her sister Truly Talented is wading her way through a Masters, her boyfriend The Bostonian is working on his doctorate, their mum My Best Friend is writing 2 books and is in the midst of recording another album, her husband Rockin Johnny plays bass round the county. Their two huge, boys are like older brothers to my boy, the eldest Loomer and the youngest Headbanger both play guitar and several other instruments.

ah yes...the Baby Naming. Surrounded by this excellence I had to field several enquiries as to how I'm getting on with my dissertation and project. Saying 'ummmm....' just doesn't quite cut it. Especially as My Best Friend has lent me several books to get me started. Time's cracking on, I've got another month and then I start my final year. Oh boy.

I've got 2 days work at the practice, and my Boss doesn't mind if I study when I'm not dealing with clients or the phone. I'm hoping it won't be long before I hear from the bus company. Being sponsored would be just great. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...