Monday, June 26, 2006

New Beginnings

For those of you not clued into these things, it's coming up to New Moon. This is significant as it heralds the new lunar cycle. It's the end of my academic year on Friday and today, I troop in for my final tutorial of the year with my Course Leader (CL), he who also acts as my dissertation supervisor. I get my marks back for terms 2 and 3. Today I find out how much hard work I've got to do for my final year.

All advice to access funding, pretty much says the funding board are looking for brilliance and innovation. Eating my bowl of grapefruit, I feel as innovative as yoghurt this morning. But if my plans for world domination are to be achieved, if I'm to get funding for my MA at UEA, then I don't just need a First (70%+), I need a fabulous First (70%++).

So, why New Beginnings? As the year closes, I'm pretty knackered. I feel the need for some serious TLC. My eating habits have slipped again, and I've stopped exercising. When in doubt, make a plan (you can tell I've done project work can't you?). My plan for this summer: eating my 5-a-day, drinking lots of water, doing something physical each day, reading round my dissertation, writing poetry and working on my novel, doing some voluntary work with NEAD (Norfolk Education and Action for Development).

The last 12 months have been pretty fraught, and I'm looking forward for some down time to re-charge my batteries.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:29 pm

    Working hard is improtant but you know that you have the passion, drive and flare to achieve anything you need to and most importantly you have friends that will listen to you, help you and love you. Now enough mush. Love todays blog, it helps me keep in contact witha little slice of Norwich even when I'm so far from home x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks honey. Good to know you are my own personal cheerleader. After today's results, I needed to hear that.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...