How to lose two days....

This weekend, I lost two days. A decade before, it might have happened because of a Saturday night gone wonderfully right - with merriment and lots of alcohol. I'd have been sitting on my arse, holding my head gingerly, trying to tell myself off. Not this weekend. This weekend, the most fun thing I did was contemplate the inside of my eyelids and hang on to my breakfast.

I know, original party-girl, right?

I have had a couple of migraines before. It's not a regular thing, thank goodness, or I'd be forced to think of amputation. Of all the ailments to have, it's got to be one of the most, frickin' tedious. I've decided of all the ailments I could possibly suffer from, the one that I'm not going to have again is that.

There are good drugs for migraines now. If you take them as they hit, they are supposed to stop it in its tracks. I'm told. If you get them regularly, they must be a God-send. I don't. All I had was my normal drugs and I didn't bother to take them. They wouldn't have hung around too long, so I had to be big and brave and tough it out.

Let me tell you, lying in a dark room with nothing to do, sucks. All of the stuff I like to do if I'm not going to get up and be productive: reading, watching crap tv...hurt. It's boring as fuck. 

My stomach still doesn't like me very much, my head doesn't care for me much either. Ya boo sucks to both of them. I'm so fed up of being fragile. A stiff wind blows and I collapse in a heap. I haven't moved for weeks now. I'm really struggling to do more than the necessary. But ya boo sucks to that too. 

Moving on up. I'm bored with the whinge. I'm missing out on the good stuff. Great opportunities have passed me by and it's not good enough. Onward and upward.

Comments

  1. I get regular migraines, I would say that the drugs that I carry are effective 80% of the time. The other 20% is a matter of toughing it out in a dark room. As the saying goes, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how you cope with it on a regular basis. A day later and my stomach still hates me...

      Driving into work I came to realise how much it screwed with my thought processes.

      I will avoid that bloody ailment, like the Ebola virus. Not bloody fun at all. Sending you gentle hugs, because that's a shit thing to put up with.

      Delete
  2. To be fair, I'm getting them less often these days. Fortunate side effect of the blood pressure tablets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's something at least.

      Ugh. I'm definitely not going to do that again any time soon!

      Delete
  3. I never had to deal with this myself, but people around me had and have. I hope it does not came back soon.
    Start slowly m'dear, don't overdo, it will only be frustrating and throw you back - we arn't forty anymore !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey, no one has ever accused me of over-doing it!

      xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

welcome to my writing world

Popular posts from this blog

Chicken Shenanigans

Sardines & Beer

Getting Adventurous...