Monday, April 16, 2007

Reality Bites ~ ouch!

Today is the start of the last term of my degree.

I type that and then I sigh and stare at it. I long for it to be done and I'd do anything for it to be September 2006 again. This year has not quite gone according to plan and today, I'm struggling. The Easter break certainly has been a break as the pile of dishes, laundry and forlorn pots will attest to. But my energy levels are still poor. We've been given key dates to work towards, and my first deadline is the 17th of May. I suspect that part of the reason I'm feeling so ropey is down to my not having written anything for quite some time. If I let my writing slip, I notice I start to get really twitchy. And I am certainly twitchy at the moment.

I have a short story to finish up and another 6 poems to write, plus finish up my Creative Practice and get that ready for the Degree Show. By the way, if you're passing through the show this year starts on the 27th of June until the 4th of July. There's a Do on the evening of the 27th of June if you fancy some free wine and munchies. I'll be the one with a glass of red in one hand, olive in another, propping myself up on a spare plinth, as Boy looks on patiently. Do come, it'll be good to see you.

On a more personal note. Some girlfriends get flowers, sparkley things, chocolates. Me? I have the most romantic boyfriend ever. He being generosity itself, gave me his cold. I bet you're jealous, you too wish you had a Viking like mine. To be fair he did warn me he was poorly, fool that I am, I ignored his warning. Hah. That'll learn me. Whereas I was able to make him cups of tea and hand him drugs, he's now buggered off to work. Humpf.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:43 pm

    At least it can be said the viking is very generous...hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hon. I'm a whinger when it comes to being ill. I lie on my futon, wrapped up in a duvet and look pathetic. I haven't mastered that 'stiff-upper lip' technique yet.

    The good news is that I have been promised lots of cups of tea and drugs at the weekend, despite my pointing out that I'm the World's Worst Patient.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...