Saturday, February 10, 2007

Homesick

I made it back into Norwich eventually last night. Was reunited with Boy at Gee's, which was lovely. By the way, he lied to me, you will be shocked to discover. He had grown while I was away, despite his reasurrences to the contrary. Humpf. Britwitch has looked after flat, cat and Boy so well, I'm thinking of asking her to move in to look after me as well. Hehehe. Poor woman, she was probably relieved to get back to a less chaotic household. Last night, I went with a caffeine induced burst of energy and unpacked my bags, sorted through the 132 e-mails, and post waiting for me.

What I do find disconcerting is the silence. In Trinidad, there is so much noise. Birds, insects, humans, vehicles. There is very little in the way of wildlife noises round here or traffic. I'm trying to find a way to describe it without descending into cliche and I must confess, I'm struggling.
This morning, despite feeling like I've been running marathons, I'm wide awake and my mind is filled with a thousand different thoughts, ranging from home and lifestyle improvements to employment and my favourite pastime - shopping. It's probably better that you don't ask how I am doing, I don't know.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 pm

    welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:22 am

    Welcome back honey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:42 pm

    Thanks. It is good to be back, even if it's a bit weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. welcome back. best of luck with the shopping.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...