Monday, February 19, 2007

Getting Back into Gear

The last week has been about displacement activity. Which of course didn't work because I knew it was displacement activity and therefore was just another form of denial. Knowing that I was indulging in displacement activity also meant I was feeling guilty about my indulgencies and then led to feeling inadequate because I couldn't stop doing the displacement activities. This has been the interesting little loop of my internal landscape. Frustration.

I'm not convinced I feel any better this week, but I'm back at college. I had my tutorial with my Creative Practice tutor who was really sweet and very supportive. I'm going print out all of the images I've taken on the buses and in Trinidad to show both himself and the other tutor who's been roped in to be the second marker. For my tutorials next week I'll prepare them for a slide show so we can judge the impact of the images.

We had a long chat about how I'm doing and where I'm at in the creative process. My CP basically said that the problem with my work at the moment is that it's clear I haven't really got a handle on what I'm trying to bring across, there are too many mixed messages. He also feels that I'm too removed from my images; I need to be more present, the way I'm present in my blog. Yes, he actually has been reading it! Yay! How I address these shortcomings I don't really know yet. Hopefully, the review next week will help.

Oh and that's a picture of The Rock; which was placed there by God for my mother. Or so she said. I'm inclined to believe her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...