Monday, November 27, 2006

SSSsssccccrrrrrreeeeeeeee!!!!

[The sound my nails make as I slip off my learning curve]

I have had a whopper of a bad day. Not helped by the continuing farce that is the radiation scare. Needless to say when I went in today, there was yet another way of processing the calls. Unrelated, tonight I went back in to work to get some training on the ugrades they will be making to the system. It is good how the system is organic and adjusts to meet the needs of the callers, but damn I'm tired.

I've just finished wrapping the first of Boy's pressies. A little something special for him. I'm really looking forward to tomorrow. I still find it so hard to believe that my bump turned into him. I was at a friend's birthday do which consisted of young trendies who were very down on the whole parenthood thing. They spent a lot of time coming up with witty ways to put parenting and children down. Afterwards, I realised how awkward I found the scathing humour. I love being mum to Boy. He is seriously wonderful and I am potty about him.

Hmmm....there should be a punchline with that thought, but it's late, I've had a glass of something naughty and I think I can hear my bed calling. Coming!

3 comments:

  1. You should check the faces you've been speaking to, them see if you recognise them cooing at their own little ones a few years down the line. Chances are...

    Sorry to hear things are so nuts at work at the moment - isn't helped by the calming approach the media is taking to it:

    "Now LIVE on SKY NEWS we're going to the scene of the restaurant at the centre of the radiation scare where it's reported that someone may have sneezed. Yes you heard it here first - LETHAL RADIATION SCARE MUTATES INTO COMMON-COLD-MEETS-MRSA-SUPERBUG THINGY..."

    Or something.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Ing is that TRUE!?

    !!!

    Must tell all my friends, colleagues, neighbours and local sky-writers, and then phone NHSD for advice!

    Sorry you had a bad day, Roses :(

    How good are you at wrapping pressies? I spend hours at it, and the finished article looks like something a five-year old did in the space of two minutes.

    PS.
    Reposted almost identical comment, except I realised I was being ambiguous in regards to whom I was addressing. Again.

    ReplyDelete

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...