Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Opportunity Lost

Well, I did the best I could, and I just wasn't the best candidate for the call centre job. So it won't be my dulcet tones that you'll be hearing when you ring up to complain that your life has been ruined because the train was late.

I did however, receive permission to walk my son to his rendevous point with his mates on his way to high school. He had a great day, met his teachers, came home happy and bouncy. The reality of high school was a lot better than that which existed in his imagination. He has loads of friends in his year and in the years above him, the teachers are fine as are the other students. I wish I could say that it was down to me that he is so well adjusted, but it's not. He's a brilliant young man, because he is simply brilliant. I think I'm the priviledged one, being his mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, how's it going?

Bank Holiday Sunday

Dear Dave I woke up today with Philip Glass' Metamorphosis in my head. It's apt really as it was part of the music chosen for your...